TF-CBT - October 2019
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - Training Package
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when registration opens for the next Basic Training in Spring 2020.
TF-CBT is an evidence-based psychotherapy approach designed to treat posttraumatic stress and related emotional and behavioral difficulties in children and adolescents. This training package exceeds the required trainings and consultations for national TF-CBT certification. For more information on TF-CBT certification, please visit tfcbt.org.
Therapists will gain a comprehensive understanding of TF-CBT and its application in therapy through three full days of training and 12 consultations.
“Dr. Hong is so engaging and insightful!...I am so inspired by what I have seen and learned during this training."
"The Washburn Center is remarkable; Such a warm and inviting place."
"The training gave me practical ideas to use and implement in therapy....I am very much looking forward to consult calls and advanced training!”
- Basic training: October 24 & 25, 2019 / 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Advanced training: January 24, 2020 / 8:30am - 4:30pm (may be attended in-person or remotely via live stream video)
*Please Note: Advanced Training was originally scheduled for 2/14/20, but has changed to 1/24/20.
Breakfast and lunch are provided at all in-person trainings. Registration begins at 8:00am each day.
- Consultations: 12 one-hour video consultation calls scheduled Dec. 2019 - Dec. 2020
Trainees will be placed in a group to meet at one off the following times:
- Location: United Health Foundation Training Institute at Washburn Center for Children
1100 Glenwood Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- CEUs: 19.5 hours (Basic Training - 13 hours / Advanced Training - 6.5 hours)
- Trainer: David Hong, PsyD, LP
Dr. Hong is a nationally certified trainer and practitioner of Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. He earned his doctoral degree from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology, where he studied Clinical Psychology with a minor in Child and Family Therapy. He specializes in services for children, adolescents and immigrant populations with a focus on trauma. Click here to visit Dr. Hong's website.
**Completion of TF-CBT Web Training is required prior to attending Basic Training.**
Certificate of Completion must be emailed to email@example.com by October 10th.
Cost: $35 (not included in TF-CBT training package) | CEUs: 11
Training takes approximately 10 hours and may be done in multiple sittings.
Access the training here: www.musc.edu/tfcbt2
*Please note: This web training is managed independently of Washburn Center's Training Institute. You will create a unique login/password for this website. Please direct any questions about your registration, log-in, payment, etc. to the website above (or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- $950 - Complete TF-CBT Training Package
- $780 - Basic Training + Consultations only
- To select this option, click Apply Coupon at checkout and enter code octoberbasic
- $435 - Consultations only*
- To select this option, click Apply Coupon at checkout and enter code octoberconsult
- $170 - Advanced Training only**
- To select this option, click Apply Coupon at checkout and enter code octoberadvanced
*Consultations are available only to those who have previously completed TF-CBT Basic Training.
**Advanced Training is available only to those who have previously completed both TF-CBT Basic Training and Consultations.
- Group - Groups of 4+ trainees registering for the full training package are eligible for a 10% discount. Before you check out, please contact email@example.com to receive your discount code.
- To pay by credit card, click "Purchase for $950" in the upper right corner. Actual price will be adjusted after you enter the appropriate discount code (shown above).
- To pay by check, fill out the Registration Form and mail with payment to:
Washburn Center for Children
Attn: Training Institute
1100 Glenwood Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Registration Deadline - Oct. 10th
Please contact the number below for registration inquiries after Oct. 10th
Can't make these dates?
TF-CBT training packages will start in Spring, Summer, and Fall of 2020. Please email the address below to be added to our mailing list and receive an alert once registration has opened for these training packages.
Due to limited seating, lations or changes must be made at least 3 business days before a scheduled event. lations made 7 business days or more in advance of an event will receive a 100% refund. lations or changes made within 3-6 business days of an event will incur a $50 fee. We will do our best to accommodate placement in a training on a different date. Refunds cannot be issued within 3 business days of a training, however you may send someone in your place for the entire training (no daily substitutions or transfers). When you register for a training, you agree to these terms.
Questions? Contact TrainingInstitute@washburn.org or 612.767.3383