TF-CBT - April 2019
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - Training Package
TF-CBT is an evidence-based psychotherapy approach designed to treat posttraumatic stress and related emotional and behavioral difficulties in children and adolescents. This training package exceeds the required trainings and consultations for national TF-CBT certification. For more information on TF-CBT certification, please visit tfcbt.org.
Therapists will gain a comprehensive understanding of TF-CBT and its application in therapy through three full days of training and 12 consultations.
“Dr. Hong is so engaging and insightful!...I am so inspired by what I have seen and learned during this training."
"The Washburn Center is remarkable; Such a warm and inviting place."
"The training gave me practical ideas to use and implement in therapy....I am very much looking forward to consult calls and advanced training!”
- Basic training: April 11 & 12, 2019 / 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Advanced training: August 9, 2019 / 8:30am - 4:30pm (may be attended in-person or remotely via live stream video)
*Breakfast and lunch are provided at all in-person trainings. Registration begins at 8:00am each day.
- Consultations: 12 monthly one-hour video consultation calls
- Location: United Health Foundation Training Institute at Washburn Center for Children
1100 Glenwood Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- CEUs: 19 hours (Basic Training - 12.5 hours / Advanced Training - 6.5 hours)
- Trainer: David Hong, PsyD, LP
Dr. Hong is a nationally certified trainer and practitioner of Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. He earned his doctoral degree from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology, where he studied Clinical Psychology with a minor in Child and Family Therapy. He specializes in services for children, adolescents and immigrant populations with a focus on trauma. Click here to visit Dr. Hong's website.
*Completion of TF-CBT Web Training is required prior to Basic Training.*
Certificate of Completion must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 4th.
Cost: $35 (not included in TF-CBT training package) | CEUs: 11
Access the training here: www.musc.edu/tfcbt2
- $950 - Complete TF-CBT Training Package
- $780 - Basic Training + Consultations only
- To select this option, click Apply Coupon at checkout and enter code tfcbtbasic.
- $435 - Consultations only*
- To select this option, click Apply Coupon at checkout and enter code tfcbtconsult.
- $170 - Advanced Training only**
- To select this option, click Apply Coupon at checkout and enter code tfcbtadvanced.
*Consultations are available only to those who have previously completed TF-CBT Basic Training.
**Advanced Training is available only to those who have previously completed both TF-CBT Basic Training and Consultations.
- Group - Groups of 4+ trainees are eligible for a 10% discount. Before you check out, please contact email@example.com to receive your discount code.
- To pay by credit card, click "Purchase for $950" from the menu on the left. Actual price will be adjusted after you enter the appropriate discount code (shown above).
- To pay by check, fill out the Registration Form and mail with payment to:
Washburn Center for Children
Attn: United Health Foundation Training Institute
1100 Glenwood Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Registration Deadline - April 1st!
Please contact the number below for registration inquiries after April 1st.
Full refund will be issued for cancellations at least one week prior to the training. Cancellations less than one week before the training will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Questions? Contact TrainingInstitute@washburn.org or 612.767.3383